- BAKO Sponsors Britain's Best Loaf07/02/2022BAKO are delighted to be one of event sponsors of the 2022 Britain's Best Loaf Competition. Entries for this year's competition are now open!
- BAKO Group Ltd Increases CBA Backing03/11/2021BAKO Group Ltd has increased its sponsorship of the Craft Bakers Association (CBA) while also stepping up its efforts to help increase the association’s membership.
- Success for Pullman Jack's at the British Pie Awards11/10/2021Congratulations to Liverpool Chef Lee Caffery who recently claimed 'Best Newcomer' at The British Pie Awards, plus a total of 8 awards back to Merseyside.
- BAKO Launches Allergen Portal06/09/2021BAKO has launched an online portal to allow customers to check for common allergens in the products it distributes.
- BAKO Brokers Deal for Bakers with Anti-Food Waste App23/08/2021BAKO has finalised a deal with food waste fighting app Too Good to Go which will provide free sign-up for all BAKO customers, with BAKO also donating £25 for every sign-up to food redistribution charity FareShare.
- Retirement announcement14/04/2021BAKO Northern & Scotland has announced the retirement of two of its Area Sales Managers, Gordon Donnison and Kevin Drewery, after long careers in the baking industry.
- BAKO North Western Group Appoints New Commercial Director13/07/2020We are pleased to announce BAKO North Western Group has appointed David Armstrong as Group Commercial Director.
- BAKO North Western Appoints New Managing Director02/07/2020We are pleased to announce BAKO North Western in Preston, Lancashire have appointed Ian York as Managing Director. Ian is a highly qualified Director, bringing with him over 25 years’ first-hand experience of sales, marketing and operations in the food industry.
- BAKO South Eastern hosts Online Customer Forums19/06/2020BAKO South Eastern recently organised a series of online customer forums to connect with customers currently looking to re-open their Business.
- BAKO Launches Bakers.Market to Help Independent Bakers Sell Online18/05/2020BAKO North Western Group has launched a new website to help independent bakers grow their sales by selling online through COVID-19 and beyond.
- Biggest COVID-19 Issues Facing Bakers - BAKO Survey Results12/05/2020In response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, BAKO North Western Group recently conducted a Survey to identify the biggest issues currently faced by UK Bakers.
- Supporting our NHS Heroes30/04/2020Earlier this month we wanted to drop off a few supplies to our hardworking colleagues at Fleetwood NHS Walk-in Centre, Royal Preston and Chorley & South Ribble Hospital.
- National Bakery Awards 202016/03/2020We were very pleased to be one of the sponsors of the National Bakery Awards 2020. The Awards in their second year, took place in London on the 11th March and were open to all Bakeries within the UK to enter.
- Become a BAKO Shareholder03/03/2020BAKO Shareholder Invitation - Exclusively for Bakers / Confectioners
- Real Bread Week Rises Again10/02/2020The 22nd February through to the 1st March 2020 signifies a time to celebrate all things artisan and the creation of additive-free loaves of real bread.The aim of the week is simple, to encourage people to buy bread from local independent bakeries (look out for those with the loaf mark). Alternatively, the week also encourages consumers to make their own bread based foods and understand what's in the food they eat.
- Preston Customer Announcement: Podfather30/01/2020As part of our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint we are implementing paperless delivery notes and invoices across the Group. Delivery notes and invoices will be emailed to you rather than printed hard copies. This service was successfully implemented Friday 1st November 2019 at Bako Northern and Scotland and will apply to Bako North Western customers from Friday 7th February 2020.
- World Championship Scotch Pie Awards29/01/2020
January saw the return of the World Championship Scotch Pie Awards. The event partnered by BAKO is in its 21st year and took place in Cumbernauld on the 14th January.
James Pirie & Son were the big winners of this year's Awards scooping the top prize of Scotch Pie of the Year - they previously won the title 2 years ago and are one of only 4 pie makers to have claimed the double!